Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rainbows

I saw a full-arc rainbow stretching across the mountains on the way home from work today. It brought back memories of one very special rainbow. On the night before I married my wonderful husband, as I drove into town for our rehearsal dinner, I saw another full-arc rainbow stretching across the mountains. During the dinner, my big brother commented on the rainbow. He too had noticed it, but he mentioned that it seemed to stretch from my childhood home to my husband's childhood home, which are about two miles apart. To him, it represented the miraculous connection we found in each other and would share for the eternities. Now rainbows are no longer just a spectacle but also a symbol for the colorful and endless bond between my husband and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment